Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thrift Store Find


Every now and then, I’ll stroll through a thrift store without any expectations of finding much of anything.  It seems like a lot of bloggers have great luck striking gold in these stores, but me, not so much.  I did find a cute little 3 tiered table in a very roughed up, shiny mahogany red.  I liked the turns on the legs and for only a few dollars decided to give it a try. 

I forgot to take the required “before” pictures…but I’m sure you get the idea!

I knew I was going to distress this piece well, so I didn’t use any Shellac to block the mahogany stain from bleeding through. It was simple: A little ASCP Paris Gray, a little ASCP Old White wash, some distressing, clear waxing and buffing.  All in all, it took me about 2 hours to complete this one. 






This sweet little table was a good mental health project for me.  She didn't give me any trouble, and it felt good to complete a project in a relatively short period of time.

I planned on selling it, but my dear hubby likes its new home next to our front door.  "HE" thinks it fills the space nicely!  :)  (Don't you love, love, love, when they chime in with decorating opinions!)  Oh Ponch!

xxoo



1 comment:

  1. More importantly, what did BONZIE think of the new piece??

    ReplyDelete